Friday, January 6, 2012

December - A month of doing! #20, #21, #27

Thanks to the craziness of the holidays- throwing parties, traveling, time with family, and rehearsing for the musical that I'm in- I fell way behind in my blogging about my accomplishments.  That doesn't mean I wasn't achieving goals, though!


#20 - Host a theme party

My mother and I absolutely love to go to high tea.  So we decided to host a Christmas Tea party!




We told everyone to dress cute and wear a funny hat if they'd like to. Every lady had her own special place setting with her own party favor.  Everyone got a different fancy tea cup to drink out of and take home with them. We served a savory and then a sweet course with all kinds of tea. Including, of course, a Christmas tea blend.  We also gave out a door prize to the lady who wrote the best poem about what she loved about Christmas.  It was a wonderful time with great food (if I do say so myself!), yummy tea, and beautiful company.


#20 - Host a potluck dinner

I love the idea of a potluck dinner.  The host doesn't kill his or herself by cooking a full meal for all their family and friends, and you get an awesome variety of food to eat!  We hosted a Christmas Eve Eve potluck dinner this year, and I hope that it becomes a tradition.


Our table was packed with food and we got to dress up all fun and festive. We sang carols around my piano and smoked cigars on the balcony.  We laughed, hugged, and enjoyed the hell out of each other.  All in all, it was a comfortable and lovely evening spent with the people I love most in the world.  I look forward to hosting it again next year!


#27 - Visit a state or country that I've never been to

For New Year's Eve this year, I took a trip to Canada!

I've always thought it was a bit ridiculous that I've been to all kinds of exotic destinations but never visited my country's closest neighbors.  I visited friends who live north of Toronto, and I had a wonderful time.  I learned several valuable lessons when I was in Canada, like the fact that you should always ALWAYS bring your coat, even if it doesn't feel that cold when you go outside.  Also, I learned the definition of the word "snowsquall." Google it.

We stayed in Niagara Falls over New Year's Eve, and this is what we saw from our hotel room:


It was an awesome time.  I can't wait to go back.



December was so productive for my day zero list!  I have crossed 8 things off within 7 weeks, with 6 other goals currently in progress.  I look forward to continuing to get exciting things done in January!

1 comments:

LoveMuffins said...

December was an awesome month =) I'm glad I got to do 2 out of 3 of those activities with you! And I can't wait to hear about Canada!

Post a Comment